- Be bold
- Try to question the requirements, don’t be afraid to ask even simple questions.
- Have the conversation with the interviewer to convert/scope the requirement into a requirement that can be done in 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Derive what are the Functional requirements. (what is the basic minimum functionality that the interviewer wants to see)
- Derive what are the non Functional requirements (try to see the scale), then try to derive what are the system requirements in terms of latency, availability, reliability, scalability, fault tolerance.
- Simple solution end to end through APIs/methods
- Think about input parameters.
- Identify storage systems, queue systems. Think if it is read heavy or write heavy, batch or messaging based, consistency heavy or availability heavy.
- Show Fault tolerance handling. When node is down, how does the system handle it.
- Calculate cost of the systems (number of machines, CPU, storage), think of how can you reduce the cost
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?