What exactly is CloudFoundry?
CloudFoundry describes itself as highly efficient modern model for cloud native application delivery on top of Kubernetes. The biggest advantage is a leaner deployment process because application developers doesn’t need to talk to an operation department anymore. Furthermore an easy deployment process allows to build continuous delivery/deployment pipelines to completely automate the deployment step.
Let me give you a compelling example. In your traditional approach to software development and deployment you would do the following.
Traditional Application Deployment
- Configure a firewall for security
- Configure service connectivity for your services
- Configure SSL and SSL termination
- Configure a load balancer like Kubernetes
- Finally deploy your application
- Install application runtime
- And you need to provision a VM to do all this.
Application Deployment in Cloud Foundry
- cf push
This single command takes care of all your infrastructure activities like configuring firewall for security, ssl, load balancing, scaling, deployment, installation, vm provisioning and what not you can think of. And you can do this on your own system, servers or use any of the existing platforms like atos, ibm etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?